Madison county law enforcement officials conducted their annual memorial service Wednesday evening at the courthouse. The event is held each year to honor the 22 police officers from various local agencies who have give their lives in the line of duty. This video shows family members pinning a flower to a cross as each fallen officer's name is called. A 21-gun salute is then fired, followed by taps and a bagpiper.
More from this category
- MCSO: Sex offender arrest in La. not "break" in case of murdered local businessman (13 comments)
- Exclusive: Huntsville man charged with impersonating federal agent (4 comments)
- UPDATED: Police say man raped female relative for five years (4 comments)
- UPDATE: Switching equipment caused power outage in south Huntsville (4 comments)
- Tea Party groups deny use of "robo-calls" against Mo Brooks; claim anonymous calls are just "dirty politics" (3 comments)