Video report documenting the 2012 HARC Field Day. Hams (amateur radio operators) use this day each year to set up a temporary communications center that mimics what would be done in an emergency environment. The operators put radios in campers (and even tents) to talk on different bands with world-wide capability. Field Day lasts 24 hours and the site is staffed and operated around the clock, as would be the case in a real crisis or catastrophe. Interviews with hams are also featured.
More from this category
- MCSO: Sex offender arrest in La. not "break" in case of murdered local businessman (13 comments)
- Exclusive: Huntsville man charged with impersonating federal agent (4 comments)
- UPDATED: Police say man raped female relative for five years (4 comments)
- UPDATE: Switching equipment caused power outage in south Huntsville (4 comments)
- Tea Party groups deny use of "robo-calls" against Mo Brooks; claim anonymous calls are just "dirty politics" (3 comments)